Student Services Department
Students can achieve their lifelong social, emotional, academic and career goals in a safe and culturally sensitive environment. Students will actively sustain a positive vision for their future by executing a strategic plan for their success. Additionally, students will advocate for themselves and be resilient when faced with adversity. As productive assets to their social environment, our students will become exemplary role models displaying integrity and strong interpersonal skills as they lead initiatives and become change agents in society.
The mission of the School Counseling Program at York Early College Academy is to ensure all students, traditionally underserved college going, have academic social and emotional support. Our mission is to provide students with access to college courses that will promote equity, ensuring all students are prepared to become life-long learners and participate in the 21st century economy.
- All students will successfully participate in York Early College Academy’s program to develop a strong foundation for achieving their lifelong social, emotional, academic, and career goals.
- All students will reach their academic, social, emotional and career potential when they are given high-quality, relevant, supportive interventions.
- All students will collaboratively develop, implement, and execute a post secondary plan in order to successfully complete their degrees.
- All students will learn to advocate for themselves and to be resilient when faced with adversity.
- All students will model integrity, empathy, and strong interpersonal skills as they encounter new challenges and lead initiatives.
- All students will be critical thinkers and lifelong learners as they build upon their current knowledge to act as change agents in society.
- School Counselors will provide all students the opportunity to engage in community service initiatives.
- All School Counselors adhere to the ASCA ethical standards.